Everything you need to know about AOI Emails
AOL is a free web-based email service provider. AOL is also called an AIM Mail. Initially, AOL offered email services only to the paying subscribers and only through its proprietary, all in one software package. After 2005, AOL started giving it’s first free web email service known as AOL Mail.
AOL Mail doesn’t require special software and it is available to everyone for free. Like other email programs, it runs over the internet with a standard browser such as Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, etc.. Users can simply log in with mail.aol.com and start sending emails.
AOL email provides the following features to all its free users.
- AOL is user-friendly email service
- AOL Mail has an advanced scanner for scanning spam mails.
- AOL comes with a storage space of 1000 new and 4000 old messages.
- Attachment size up to 30 MB is available
- The advanced filter is available for email sorting
- It supports POP3, SMTP, and IMAP
- It has good accuracy in autocorrection and spelling check.
How can you sign in to the AOL mail page?
- First, open any web browser (Eg: Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.)
- Visit AOL page https://login.aol.com/.
- Now, click on the Login/Join button, or you can also type on the mail category located at the left-hand side of the page.
- Enter your login credentials.
- Click on the ‘Sign in’ button.
- Download email application from the respective app store
- Open the application
- Click on the profile icon
- Click the add account button
- Enter your login credentials.
In some cases, users will face some issues while logging in. Few issues can be easily sorted and issues need help from the support team. Here are a few common issues that we face while using AOL email
● Authentication Problem in AOL Mail
● Ca’nnot Change Password in AOL Mail
● Cant Sign In – AOL Mail
● AOL Mail Password Not Working
● Not Syncing – AOL Mail
AOL Mail Authentication Problem
- Try modifying the browser settings to fix AOL login problems.
- Configure the settings on Edge and clear the data on Microsoft edge.
- Visit More Settings in Microsoft Edge.
- Click the data need to be Cleared from the Clear Browsing data.
- Select the checkbox next to the data types that you want to delete and then select clear.
- Next, consider updating the saved bookmark on Safari, Firefox, Chrome, and Edge.
- Next, try to troubleshoot Internet Explorer issues.
- Try adding AOL to the trusted sites. To do that, click the Tools or Internet option.
- Click Security tab Trusted Sites Zone Sites.
- Now, enter https://*.aol.com in the Add this website to the Zone field.
- Next, check if the Protected Mode option is enabled. If not, perform the following steps.
- First, click the Tools -Security tab.
- Now, click the Trusted sites icon to Enable Protected Mode.
- Restart the computer.
- Next, run the Internet Explorer with No Add-ons Mode.
AOL Mail Can’t Sign In
- Try logging in again. Double-check if you have entered the correct credentials.
- Try to turn off and on if you are still unable to sign in.
- Try resetting web settings.
- Installing numerous browsers can cause web settings to alter.
- Reset the Password If you have forgotten the password.
- Try accessing the AOL mail from a different browser.
- Next, try to clear the browser’s cache and reset the browser.
- Make sure if the Java Applet Scripting is enabled.
- Disable or block the Firewall or the pop-up settings.
- Now, try to sign in again after completing all the above steps.
AOL Mail Cannot Change Password
- Try signing in to the AOL account and choose the Logout from All Devices option.
- Next, check if you have sent any contacts trough AOL mail. If you did that, try contacting Email Desktop Gold Support to fix the issue.
- Try logging into the AOL account after 24 hours.
- Try to change the password again.
AOL Mail Password Not Working
- Check whether you have pressed the Caps Lock key unknowingly
- Try entering the Password again.
- If the problem exists then, reset the Password.
- Move to the Sign-in Helper option, and select any one of the recovery options.
- Select the Continue button and then follow the written instructions on the screen to reset the Password.
AOL Mail Not Syncing
- Try removing the AOL account and add it after a few minutes.
- Click the Settings option available in the Calendar app.
- And Select the Manage Accounts option and select the Delete an Account option.
- Try adding your account after a few minutes and check if the issue has been solved.
- Navigate to the Mailbox Sync Settings available under the Settings menu and verify the IMAP Username, Incoming Mail Server, SMTP Outgoing Server Address, Username, and Password.
- Modify the settings if required in the next step.
- Allow the account to access the calendar by selecting the Privacy option available under the Settings menu.
- Try changing the duration of the Sync period.
- Uninstall the mail application and try installing again if the error continues still.