Read here about the difference between boat lettering and boat decals with emphasis on their individual capabilities.
There are reputable companies providing custom boat decals and lettering at competitive rates. Easy to install, they are long lasting and showcase vibrant colors. You can choose from a range of full-color, full-scope boat decals with digital printing.
The custom-cut and designed boat lettering showcases your boat in the highest manner. The components make it water-resistant. The surface can also withstand rough weather and elements.
- In boat lettering, you have pre-spaced and pre-masked adhesive vinyl, which you can install in minute. This style is perfect for your vessel’s lettering needs.
- In boat decals, they use durable adhesive vinyl that allows customers to customize the vessel’s graphics in their favorite style.
There are companies that help you with registration number of custom boat lettering. They also help with more creative and complex design, adding immense flair and glow to your boat.
- In case of boat lettering, you pre-cut the material from a solid color vinyl component. There are almost 40 available colors. You use the individual letters for simple graphics and individual lettering.
- You cannot use them in slants, borders, shadows, and gradients.
- In case of boat decals, you print the full color onto the vinyl. There are no color limitations. You can cut the material to shape sans individual letters.
- The fortified backing doesn’t need a transfer tape.
More on the difference
You have both state and local ordinances and regulations vis-à-vis the placement and height of a few things. These include hailing port information, registration details, and designation matters.
- The same applies to placement rules. You segregate certain characters with spaces and hyphens. They have a start contrast with your boat lettering and vessel color.
- Another remarkable feature of boat lettering is that you can regulate the size and style of the letters in local places.
- For example, if you need to implement legible bold and block letters, and chuck the complicated and meretricious Serif fonts, you can place each letter at a specific height.
- To get information on hail port details and identification and boat registration, three inches are the minimum height you need to provide.
- Boat decals are also popular because then can encompass complex text effects, designs, and text effects.
Due to construction of single materials, boat decals aren’t like boat lettering. You don’t need premask them. You can print them directly on the vinyl.
Vinyl and lettering
There are trained and qualified technicians cutting, weeding, and coating your lettering. They coat the stuff in an installation-friendly transfer tape. The companies have numerous optional installation resources and accessories in their dedicated accessories section.
They use a wide variety of quality vinyl tapes. It depends on the colors you want and order. They produce solid colors with a standard six-year vinyl. It can always last longer if you take good care of the boat.
Do remember that specialty shades can vary significantly, depending on that particular color. For example, chrome can typically fade away sooner than carbon fiber.
You need to print any bevel effects or gradients digitally. The companies print and laminate quality vinyl.