Here is the guide to add Music to Instagram Story without Sticker
Instagram has emerged as the world’s most popular social media site with over 500 Million daily active users! It’s also the most interactive platform that bestows you with tons of outstanding features and keeps on adding more unique ones. The “Reels” feature, after the ban on Tiktok, served as an incredible boost in its popularity. In 2018, Instagram introduced a new feature that allowed you to add licensed music to your stories and the users have only loved it ever since. But ever wanted to add music to Instagram story without Sticker? If you’re here, then you’re probably seeking a solution for the same. Well, you’ve come to the right place.
Ever seen anyone’s Instagram story with music but without the music sticker? Yes, it is possible to make it disappear. Many users don’t know this yet but it’s way too easy and right in front of your eyes. There are a couple of tips and tricks that you can use to add music to Instagram story without sticker. We have discussed them here in detail, all in one place.
How to add music to your Instagram Story?
If you’re new to this feature or just created an Instagram account, then you may not know how this music thing works on Instagram stories. Well, in that case, we have the whole procedure for you. Just follow the below easy steps.
- Open Instagram and tap on the “+” icon on the top or slide right to add a story
- Now add pictures/videos or anything you want
- Next, click on the Stickers icon on the top or Swipe Up to see all the stickers
- Choose the “Music” sticker to add music to your story
- Select a song from the list or search for other songs
- Now select the duration of the song. You can add up to 15 seconds
- Choose the color you want. Tap the color icon on the top to do so
- Choose the type of sticker. You can also add lyrics if available
- After that drag and resize the music sticker as you want
- Eventually, click done and post your story
Know about : Top 16 Instagram Likes Apps To Get More Engagement
How to Add Music to Instagram Story Without Sticker?
Moving on to the main topic, here’s how you can add music to Instagram Story Without Sticker. Below, we have discussed with you, the three best ways that will solve your problem. Go ahead and see which method can help you.
1: Dragging it off
The simplest method of making the music sticker or any other sticker disappear from your Instagram story is by dragging it off the screen. Yes, and below is how you can do that.
- Hold the sticker with one finger and drag it to the corner.
- Now place the second finger on the screen without removing the first one
- Remove the first finger now and move your second finger in the direction you want to hide the sticker
- Remove your finger when the sticker is completely disappeared from the screen
- Tap ‘Done’ and you’re all set
2: Minimizing it
Minimizing the sticker as much as to make it disappear is yet another quick method. Here’s how you can do so.
- Choose the sticker that’s the smallest in size
- Now Zoom Out the sticker by placing two fingers on the screen and bringing them close to each other
- Continue to do so until the sticker is too small to see with bare eyes
- That’s it! Tap on ‘Done’ and post your story
3: Creating a custom story with music
The above two methods will surely make the music sticker disappear but the song name and artist name will still appear on the top, right under your username. In that case, you can use the ultimate screen recording trick that’s very common these days and create a story on your own. Follow the below steps and we’ll guide you through the process.
- First of all, get content for your story. It can be anything in the form of pictures or videos. In the case of a video, remember that it should not exceed 15 seconds.
- After getting the content ready, you need to get the music. For that, you can either download the song using a website or a third-party app or just screen record the song by playing it manually.
- After you get the music file in video or audio format, the next step is to download a video editor. You can use any, there are tons of apps out there. We would recommend Inshot as it’s very easy to use.
Now open the app and follow the below steps:
- Tap on the “Video” feature and tap “New”
- Next, select and add the photos or videos you want to add to your story
- Open the toolbar and tap on “Music”
- Now, if you have the audio file, then simply tap on “import music” and add your file. If you have a screen recording, tap on “Extract audio from video” and select the recording
- After the music is extracted, drag and adjust the clips and the music as you want
- That’s it! Now just save your video and share it on Instagram
This method may be a bit lengthy but it’s the best one if you don’t want the music sticker, song name, or any other details on your story. It’ll simply add background music to the photos or videos of your choice. Also, Instagram Music Library doesn’t have all the songs. But using this method, you can add any song you want.
FAQs – How to Add Music on Instagram Story Without Sticker
Now that we have discussed all the methods of adding music on Instagram stories without the sticker, let’s move on to some common FAQs and answer them as well.
Q1. Why don’t I have the Music feature?
- Well, if you can’t find the music feature on your Instagram story, it may be due to these reasons:
- Your app is not up-to-date. In that case, go to the Play Store or App Store, Update the app and try again
- Instagram Music feature is not available in your region. If that’s the case, then you can either use the third method that we have mentioned or use a VPN service, connect the server from another country and try again
Q2. How do I add lyrics to my Instagram Story?
- Instagram also allows you to share lyrics on your story in different styles. Although, the lyrics of some songs in the Instagram library are not available. Anyway, if the lyrics of the song you’re using are available, add them by following these steps.
- Select the Music option and choose the song you want to add
- Select the song duration first and just above it, you’ll see some options.
- Try out the first three options as they will show you the lyrics
- Select any that you want and tap “Done”
- That’s it! You’re all set to post your story now
You may like to know : How to Make Money on Instagram?
Q3. Why can’t I find a specific song on Instagram?
- Well, Instagram Music Library doesn’t have all the songs but only those that are licensed to be used publicly. Plus, Instagram can have only those soundtracks that its music distributor, Universal Music Group allows. So if you can’t find a specific song in the Instagram Music Library, you can always use the third method that we have mentioned.
Q4. Can I exceed the time limit of music on Instagram?
- No, you can’t. Instagram has limited the stories to 15 seconds ever since they introduced this feature. Not talking about the music, you can’t anyhow add a story longer than 15 seconds. Although, if you do so, it will get split into two or more stories. The same is with the music. You can’t add more than 15 seconds but you can post two or more stories in continuation.
Q5. Can I add music from Spotify or Soundcloud on my Instagram Story?
- Yes and no. Well, yes you can share what music you’re listening to, on your Instagram story, but it won’t add the music in the background. It’ll just show the song name and other details and a link. The link will allow anyone to get redirected to the app and listen to that music.
Conclusion (Final Words)
To add music to Instagram story without sticker is not a difficult task. You just need the right tips and tricks that we have already mentioned. If you just want the music sticker to disappear from the screen, then it’s a piece of cake. You can either simply drag it off the screen or minimize it so much as to make it difficult to see with bare eyes. These will make the sticker disappear but the music info will still be displayed on the top.
If you want the music info to disappear as well, then you can use the ultimate method that we have mentioned. It includes screen recording or downloading the music manually and adding it in the background using a video editor. This method can be used for all the issues that you are facing.