Why Should You Consider Roller Blinds For Your Sydney Home
When guests walk through the front door of your house, they tend to judge you based on what they see. And you know that what they say about your first impressions, right? While decorating a home, we tend to focus more on the wall paint, lights, shelves et al. How many times have you thought of the humble window that opens you to the outside world? It is often too easy to ignore the windows and shut them with a random curtain.
The weather in Sydney, Australia’s largest city, is enviable — often sunny, with warm summers and mild winters. However, it’s also unpredictable, and can change at the drop of a hat. So, while you can make the most of the outdoors, there will be occasions when the elements — dark storm clouds, torrential rain, flash-flooding, lightning strikes, hailstorms — can put a damper on your fun. When that happens, you can party indoors and safeguard your interiors by installing roller blinds. Installing aesthetically appealing roller blinds in Sydney homes is also effective in transforming the entire space. When done right, they can add a lot of style and sass to your interiors.
What are roller blinds?
Ideal for any part of your home and offices, roller blinds blend style and sophistication, apart from being a practical style of window shading. These are usually made of stiff fabric to help cut out excess light or unsightly images. The operation is mostly non-motorized or manual.
How do they work?
Roller blinds usually consist of a sheet of fabric attached to a hollow tube that contains a ratchet and a spring. The fabric is rolled around the tube, while you pull it up or down depending on how much light you want to allow into a room. The internal ratchet lets you ‘lock’ the amount of light or shade at different heights while the spring adjusts the pull-up and pull-down mechanism. Roller blinds also come with a pull-tab at the bottom for light regulation without you having to touch the fabric.
- Simple and sleek: Compared to vertical or Venetian blinds, roller blinds are easy to operate and add a modern, sophisticated touch to your windows. They also offer you the flexibility to regulate light and can be adjusted to different heights as per your comfort.
- Keep temperatures in check: These blinds not just filter light but are also a great way of keeping out dirt, dust and controlling glare of the sun, keeping the room cool.
- Durable and easy to maintain: Since the blinds are manually operated, they last longer and are not high maintenance. Most roller blinds are made of natural fabric and can be easily cleaned. The fabric doesn’t easily fade as it is UV-resistant.
- Ensures privacy: Just like they block out the harsh sunlight, roller blinds also guard you against prying neighbors who may want to peep into your home.
- Keep outside noises in check: If you reside in a noisy neighborhood, it must be quite a taxing task. After a demanding day, you don’t want to be disturbed by the noises of kids playing, the blaring honks of traffic or loud music playing at your neighbor’s house. Roller blinds can be effective insulation from such noises.
- Available in a range of fabrics: Roller blinds are very flexible because of the range of fabrics that they come in. To suit your interiors, you may choose from opaque to translucent, and even sheer.
For example, if you want to install a roller blind in your kitchen, you may opt for something that is flame-resistant. For your bedroom, you can choose a dual roller blind — two blinds, such as a sunscreen blind, and a block out blind, on the same bracket.
If you’re thinking of installing roller blinds in your Sydney home to give your space a makeover or to weather proof it, make sure you opt for a reputable provider who gives you ample options to choose from.