Pune is famous for its natural beauty, and the city offers the perfect blend of an urban city and a suburban lifestyle. The pleasant weather means the residents can enjoy the outdoors all year round.
Doesn’t that sound like fun?
Well, yes, but for many women who experience heavy hair growth during this time, it often means going in for several painful waxing sessions. They have to invest time and money to get regular hair removal done. That does take the fun out of the summer.
But if you live in Pune, you don’t need to worry. You can enjoy the outdoors as much as you want. All you have to do is find a service that offers diode laser hair removal in Pune.
Laser hair removal is so easy and hassle-free that several men are also trying it out. It will resolve your constant struggles to get that perfectly smooth and hair-free skin.
Are you interested in getting a diode laser hair removal but hesitant about the procedure?
Let’s look at how the procedure works to help ease your doubts and fears.
What Goes into the Procedure of Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal uses selective photo-thermolysis to get rid of unwanted hair on your arms, legs, underarms, bikini area, and face, among others. It is quite a popular cosmetics procedure.
The melanin in your skin absorbs the intense heat and radiation. Dermatologists use specific wavelengths of light to damage the hair follicle. This inhibits hair re-growth in that region.
Diode lasers have stood the test of time and are thus widely preferred. They offer deeper penetration and higher absorptions for better results. Diode laser hair removal in Pune is the safest way to get rid of any unwanted body hair.
The speed and effectiveness of laser-based hair removal have made it very popular among the youth. It usually may take less than an hour, and the recovery is quite fast. The procedure offers an alternative to waxing while proving to be a permanent way to get rid of unwanted hair in more than 90 percent of the cases.
People in Pune love to explore. Several people go out on unplanned nature trails or treks in the Western Ghats. And being ready to go anytime they want makes this the preferred hair removal regime among the younger generation of people living in Pune.
Pre-Procedure- What To Do?
To ensure the process goes smoothly, follow the pre-procedure given below.
- Discuss your medical history with the dermatologist. Tell them about any allergies you have. And feel free to ask them about the risks and advantages of diode laser hair removal in Pune.
- Prepare the area for the procedure by shaving the area one day before the laser treatment.
- Avoid waxing, plucking, or removing hair by other means before a laser hair removal, which may affect the results.
- Do not use scrubs, chemical peels, retinol, or glycolic acid for at least two weeks before your appointment.
- If you have dry skin, apply additional moisturizers, and face mists for the best results.
People in Pune don’t generally use tanning beds or tanning lotions. In addition to this, experts recommend staying away from the sun and chlorinated water for at least one month before your diode laser hair removal session. This means no swimming. Exposure to the sun can lead to sunburns, which may have side effects like skin lightening when exposed to laser radiation.
If you have any concerns or doubts, don’t hesitate to discuss it with your dermatologist before the procedure. The doctor will only proceed once you give your consent for laser hair removal in Pune. And even then, they will perform a patch test to check for any reactions or skin sensitivity.
Post-Procedure- What To Do?
Avoid the following after the procedure to give your skin some time to recover;
- Do not wax or pluck the hair.
- Do not use perfumes or deodorants for up to 48 hours.
- Do not go to the gym, sauna, or steam bath.
- Do not take scalding showers. Prefer lukewarm water for bathing, instead.
- Do not use scrubs, chemical peels, retinol, or glycolic acid for two weeks.
Some people experience slight swelling and blistering. It usually subsides in 2-3 days. Experts in laser hair removal in Pune recommend using an ice pack on the inflamed area for relief. And remember always to use sunscreen before you step out in the sun. With some caution and care, you can keep your skin in a healthy glow.