SOCIAL MEDIA: VAST PLATFORM TO ENGAGE AUDIENCE ACROSS GLOBE
Social Media is a core and integral part of social media marketing to reach the target audience. Being a dynamic platform, a brand can enhance visibility and online presence on social media platforms.
According to recent statistics, more than 3 billion people are active on social media. The statistics show that it is an apt platform to engage target audiences and convert them more.
But marketers often get confused over the right time to engage the audience as people hail from different time zones. What shall be the optimal time to engage the target audience so that the feeds appear to them at the right time?
Read this blog to know more about the different social media platforms and the right time to fetch visitors’ attention.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT ENGAGEMENT FACTORS ON DIFFERENT SOCIAL MEDIA :
Before creating a social media marketing campaign, we must first understand that each social media platform has a different audience. For example, the audience on Facebook is usually between the age group of 20 to 45, whereas the audience on Instagram is generally under the age group of 30. Linked-in has an audience set of professionals (directors and executives).
The above facts enable you to land on certain conclusions :
- Different social media platforms have different audiences with varied user personas.
- The browsing habits of the users also differ on every social media platform.
- Time zones of the diverse set of target audiences also vary, which prompts you to take the time as an integral part while posting on social media.
Amidst all the above factors, the question arises regarding choosing the perfect channel for your social media marketing and the right time to engage the audience.
You May like to read : Social Media Marketing Tips for every channel
WHAT ARE THE CONSIDERABLE FACTORS WHILE ENGAGING AUDIENCE ON SOCIAL MEDIA :
Below are the two most important factors that you shall consider while making the right choice for time and channel
The right channel for your brand
Choose the channel as per your brand requirements. For example, if you are an e-commerce company dealing with beauty products or own a bakery or a restaurant. Instagram will be the perfect channel for you to reach the audience.
Note: You can post catchy imagery to fetch the followers’ attention and prompt them to propagate your brand to new customers.
Another essential factor in finding the apt channel for your brand would be the demographic factors (age and occupation) to know who your target audience is?
Evaluate the content analytics
To find the right and optimal time to engage the audience, you can post your content on your business page and evaluate the analytics. Google Analytics will enable you to know the periods when most traffic is generated and when the audience is usually present on social media channels.
What are the benefits of posting at the right timing on social media channels :
- Your engagement rates will rise to a greater extent, followed by more likes, tweets, and shares.
- You will generate more traffic to the website; the more people will see your posts, the more they will be curious to know more about your products and services.
Related post : Tips for Easy Money Making On Social Media
WHAT’S THE RIGHT TIME TO POST ON DIFFERENT SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS :
Let’s look at different businesses and what timings you shall engage your audience to fulfill the desired goals for social media marketing.
The retail industry’s main aim is to connect with new customers and retain the existing ones. You can promote your brand on social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram. Also, you can use Twitter to communicate with followers.
Schedule your posts according to the following time :
- The best days to engage with the target audience on Facebook are Wednesdays and Fridays. The optimal time slots would be 1 pm, and 11 am.
- The optimal days and time slots to post your Instagram posts are Wednesday, 3 pm
- The perfect time to post on Twitter is Sunday at 11 am.
The media companies work differently from the retail industry. You can post a preview of your fresh articles on social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram now and then. Put a link to your site on the article so that your followers can visit the site.
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays (9 pm) are the perfect days for Facebook users. Except for these days, Friday (8–9 am)is also a great day to engage the users.
- You can publish the Instagram posts on Fridays at 9 am.
- Wednesdays and Thursdays (9 am and 8 pm) are the apt days to engage the audience on Twitter.
If you are a tech or software company, it does not matter whether you target B2B or B2C audience; you only have to focus on the catchy content. You can post your case studies on Facebook and Instagram.
Keep your social media activities posted on the following slots :
- The ideal days and time slots to engage the audience on Facebook are Wednesdays from morning till noon.
- Publish the Instagram posts on Wednesdays in the morning from 6 to 10 am.
- Target your audience on Twitter on Tuesday at 9 am for better engagement rates.
Social media channels are actual beneficiaries of your social media marketing campaigns. All you have to do is select the proper channels to promote the brand and target the right audience at the right time. The above tips will surely improve customer engagement rates.