Tree removal is the process of removing trees from your property. It requires proper planning, professional equipment, and a considerable amount of time. If you live in Lake Oswego and nearby areas, you can hire ArborPro Tree Experts to remove trees from your property. They will inspect your tree and its surrounding areas and come up with a safe process for tree removal.
Why Should You Opt for Tree Removal?
There could be various reasons why you may have to remove a tree from your property. The most common reasons include:
- Your tree is structurally unstable, making it a threat to your property and other people
- Your tree is dying, posing a risk to the plants and shrubs around it
- Your tree doesn’t look appealing aesthetically
- Your tree interferes with your other landscaping needs
- Your tree is overcrowding your yard and preventing the proper growth of other trees in the vicinity.
Is Tree Removal Necessary?
In spite of facing any of the above issues, you may have doubts about removing a tree from your property. If you are unsure whether to remove a tree from your property, ask yourself the following questions:
Is the Tree Diseased, Damaged, or Dead?
These trees can pose a danger to you, your family members, anyone walking on your property, and your property itself.
Is the Tree too Close to your Home or Other Structures?
Trees should ideally grow at a safe distance from your home and other structures on your property. If not, it can cause considerable property damage if there is a storm or other natural disaster.
Is your Yard Overcrowded by the Tree?
It may be a good idea to opt for tree removal if your yard is overcrowded with haphazardly planted trees and plants.
Is the Tree Leaning Dangerously?
Sometimes, your tree may get weak or damaged and lean dangerously in one direction. Such a tree may be a danger to your property and you.
What is the Complete Process of Tree Removal?
The exact tree removal process may vary from company to company. However, the general steps followed are as below:
- Cut and haul away the branches
- Cut down the trunk into small sections
- Reduce the tree to a stump
- Grind the tree stump
- Chip the branches
- Split the trunks
- Haul the trunks away
Some of these services may also come at an additional cost. You must speak to a professional tree removal company and understand what their services cover.
How Should You Prepare for Tree Removal?
You must prepare the area around the tree and other parts of your property before beginning the tree removal process. Some steps to take include:
Create Space for Equipment and Trucks
Once you decide to opt for tree removal, you have to make space for any tree removal equipment and trucks that the professional company may bring. In some cases, the company may also bring a wood chipper. Having enough space for the equipment and vehicle will help the company perform its job easily.
Keep a Clear Route to the Tree
The professionals will have to move back and forth between the tree and their truck. You must ensure there is a clear route between the tree and the truck. If there isn’t enough space, the professionals may try to squeeze past other structures or vehicles in your yard, damaging them on the way.
Average Cost of Tree Removal Services
The cost of professional tree removal may range from $100 to $2,000. Typically, the average cost for tree removal would be around $800. However, various factors may affect this cost:
- The tree’s height
- The tree’s condition
- Whether the tree is just infected or dead
- The tree’s diameter
- The tree’s location
Why Should You Hire Professional Tree Removal Services
While it can be tempting to remove the tree from your yard yourself, you should avoid doing so and hire a professional service. Below are some of the reasons why you must hire a tree removal company:
- You will have access to an experienced team who will inspect the tree, assess the situation, and develop a plan for the tree removal.
- The team will have the right equipment and safety gear to prevent mishaps while removing the tree.
- The professional team will assess potential risks beforehand and take appropriate safety measures to prevent accidents.
- The professional equipment used by the contractors will save time and ensure the entire process is completed smoothly.
Sick or simply overgrown trees are not only a danger to you but can also impact the curb appeal of your property and reduce its value. Understanding the tree removal process and what goes into it can help you determine whether you want to remove the tree and understand what goes behind tree removal.