How to Make Hot and Spicy Garlic Anchovy Linguine in Italian Style
All seafood lovers must have tried Anchovies at least once in a lifetime. It is a general perception that small fishes contain a lot of bones having sharp edges. Thus, it becomes very difficult to prepare any dish and enjoy it without any hassle. However, the tiny Anchovies are breaking this myth because it is one of the highly demanded small fished exported worldwide for preparing appetizing dishes. In Italian cuisine, the preparation style of these fishes is completely different.
You just need the right technique and adequate ingredients. If you are expecting a distinctive fusion of veggies with fish, it is advisable to try this Anchovy linguine flavor at least for once. Before you start the preparation, it is advisable to gather all essential ingredients. We are mentioning every ingredient quantity in detail here.
- One packet of 16-ounces linguine pasta
- A jar of 6-ounce Agostino Recca anchovies fillets (Finely chop them)
- Buy mushrooms & dice them properly to fil half cup.
- Finely chop the florets of broccoli to fill ¾th of a standard cup.
- Arrange extra virgin olive oil around eight teaspoons.
- Buy fresh parsley and finely chop it for two tablespoons quantity.
- 1 cup of water.
- Chop green onion & fill ¼ th portion of a cup.
- One pinch of black pepper & 1 crush one red pepper to obtain flakes.
- Finely chop 6-7 cloves of garlic.
- Finely dice ½ cup of red tomatoes.
The list is long, but most of the ingredients will be already available in your kitchen. The above list of ingredients is enough to prepare six servings altogether. Now, net’s get to the preparation procedure.
Directions of preparation
- Take a large skillet & put it on the gas burner at medium flame. Add six tablespoons of olive oil and heat it to prepare for stirring it with garlic, mushroom & broccoli.
- Once all of these ingredients turn into brown, add the cup of water & chopped anchovies in it. Cover the skillet with a lid and let it simmer for around 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid and add chopped tomatoes, parsley & green onions. Cover the skillet again and let all the ingredients to soften for next 4-5 minutes approximately.
- Take another large pot of water (adequate for soaking 16 ounces of linguini pasta). Add a teaspoon of olive oil & boil it. Now, add your pasta cook it for at least 7 minutes. Make sure that the pasta is properly cooked to eat. Drain the remaining water & let it cool down for a while.
- Add the entire mixture of anchovies and other veggies in the pasta and toss them for mixing properly. Add crushed chili flakes and keep on stirring for a few minutes until the flavor is absorbed by the pasta.
- Sprinkle black pepper at the end & your garlic Anchovy linguine is ready to serve. It is advisable to enjoy this Italian dish with Maxican Tuna salad. The fusion of these two exotic flavors is just awesome & appetizing.
Apart from Anchovies, Italian cuisine is world-famous for its distinctive seafood recipes. If mouth-watering recipes are stimulating your taste buds, try to prepare them at home. Many online portals are currently selling squids, octopuses, fishes and various other raw seafood preserved for shelf life. Search an authentic Italian website to buy seafood online. Some of them also provide all the recipe ingredients in a kit. You don’t even need to wanter across the supermarkets for searching authentic spices for these Italian dishes.